Immigration SA 'Welcome to SA' information session is a free event for newly arrived South Australian nominated migrants.
The session provides you and your partner information and awareness to settlement. Key government representatives who will talk about settling in Adelaide and the broader South Australia, how to start your job search, business potential and opportunities, understanding your obligation and commitment to South Australia, including the pathway to permanency for provisional visa holders. You will also get the opportunity meet other new arrivals, talk to government officials, ask questions and network.
To be eligible you must meet all the following requirements:
- Be residing in South Australia;
- Hold a state nominated visa;
- Are a recently arrived migrant (less than two years since you arrived or granted a State nominated visa in the last two years);
- Must be available to attend the session in person in Adelaide, if you are located in country South Australia please contact us for alternative options.
Before you attend
- Register to participate
- Must hold a valid email
How to register
- Log onto Immigration SA Apply website and view 'Events' on your client page.
- To register your place, select a suitable date and confirm numbers attending.
- You will receive a confirmation email on registration and a reminder prior to the event.
- Either primary and secondary applicants are entitled to attend.
- All state nominated primary applicants and their skilled partners can access support.
- You are encouraged to register and attend within the first three months of arrival in South Australia or visa grant if already located in SA.
- Places are limited. If you cannot attend, you must cancel. We encourage you to reschedule your booking.
- No children allowed. The venue is unable to accommodate children under 12 years of age. Please find suitable child minding arrangements.
Information Sessions are held monthly at:
Venue: Theatrette, Ground Floor, 55 Currie Street, Adelaide
Time: 1:30pm - 3.00pm (doors open at 1:00pm)